Sunday, March 25, 2012

 Awesomeness!  We hit up the Tapas Bar at the Whole Foods El Segundo for Beer Brunch with the Waffle Lady.  The Beers were from Iron Fist Brewery in Vista, CA.

I have only had chicken and waffles once (at Hash House a-go-go in Vegas).  Those were great tasting and the presentation was phenomenal but cannot compare to the Waffle Lady's.  The waffle was, I believe, partially cornmeal and not sweet like traditional waffles.  The chicken also had a cornmeal component. I indulged in some "real" butter and syrup.  It...was...amazing.  Jeanne, the Waffle Lady, came to our table and told us her story.  She was so friendly and genuine.  She even gave us a box of mix (below).

We were given 4 beers; Renegade Blonde, Hired Hand, Velvet Glove and the Gauntlet (an Imperial IPA) from  Iron Fist Brewing.  I really enjoyed the Hired Hand and Velvet Glove. 


2 comments:

  1. I would have loved to have gone to that. I've only had chicken and waffles at Roscoe's in Long Beach, and it was surprisingly delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she gave me a box of mix so at some point we will have to have a chicken and waffles brunch at the house!

    ReplyDelete