Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week of 5/12

We hit up Manhattan Beach Brewing Company. They have a great beer selection for most people. Unfortunately I had a hard time finding something. Ended up with a Karl Strauss Red Trolley. We shared a pretzel. Meh. I had the Mediterranean chicken skewers appetizer as my dinner. It was tasty; cous cous chicken veggies, olives, pita and tzaziki.














Afterwards we hit up a local ice cream shoppe. I heard fabulous things about their maple bacon crunch ice cream. It was good! I also had some salted caramel. That was also very good.


5/15 hit up Freedoms Edge Brewing Company in Cheyenne, WY. Tried the Tivoli House Ale, Stormy Weather wheat, Wrangler Red and Midnight Ride Stout. I like the red so far.

  5/17 - headed to Hops and Pie, one of my favorite places in Denver.  I wasn't as familiar / keen on
their draft list this time.  It rotates so sometimes that happens.  The cute server recommended the Smoke Jumper.  I do enjoy a smoky beer.  It was amazing!

 My friend and I shared the caesar salad and each had a piece of their daily pie.  This one had pulled pork, jalapenos and pineapple.  It was really good.


















After Hops and Pie, we headed to a nearby bottle shop where I bought the last bottle of Smoke Jumper...
 ...


Some Shiner summer seasonal made with red grapefruit juice and ginger, yum and...


some Alaskan Birch Bock made with birch syrup.  It was tasty but definitely had a high alcohol taste.

Then off to a new stop for us, Denver Beer Company.  I saw it in a Beer Advocate magazine.  I had to try it out when I saw Kaffir Lime Wheat.  We tried 5.  I loved the kaffir and the Misseur Flaeveur? which had a ton of basil in it.  Great place!


5/18 - tasting at Bevmo!  The Honey Basil was very good!  Magic Hat is tasty as well.  I enjoyed the Tempestuous Ale from Lightning in San Diego too.



No comments:

Post a Comment