Sunday, April 15, 2012

1321 Taproom

After a hard day shopping, my friend and I stopped by 1321.  Although this place is close, I don't go by very often.  Usually the bar service is bad and I'm not a huge fan of their food but we were in the area and were parched.  There are about 20 beers on tap.  Two caught my eye; the Bootleggers Black Phoenix, a coffee chipotle stout and Old Chub, A Scottish Ale from Oskar Blues.  I chose the Chub after I tasted the Phoenix and didn't get any chipotle out of it.  We decided to share the pork fries (shredded pork over fries).  They were tasty although a little confusing.  There were 2 cream sauces, one seemed like a bechamel or country gravy.  I dont think it was disclosed in the description.  We made it for happy hour which was very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment