Sunday, April 8, 2012

BEER TRIP!  We started out at Monkish Brewing in Torrance.  They just opened about 7 weeks ago. I liked it.  It's close, cheap, quaint and good beer.  They also served us pistachios to snack on.  Nice touch.  I had the Rosa's Hips which has actual rose hips brewed into it.


After that we headed East to the Bottle Room in Whittier.  One of my fave gastropubs.  Robby, who is HOT, tends the bar.  Great beer selection on draft and yummy food.  I was famished so we started with the hummus with kalamata olives, baby tomato salsa and naan.  Then I tried their black and bleu burger.  Sadly, I was not thrilled.  Shoestring fines were tasty especially with the sauces (garlic aioli and sriracha honey).  I'm gonna need to make some sriracha honey. Being new to blogging, I forgot to take pics.  Sigh.  Sorry.

Then last stop, Beachwood BBQ in Long Beach.  I could not drink anymore, I was tired and very full.  Great beer list right now though.  I was tempted to try the Craftsman Acorn.  I love Craftsman and acorns sound interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious about Monkish. I see it's a tasting room, not a full bar. Is the room really as unadorned as it appears in your photo? Was there any music playing? And how was the "Rosa's hips"? Sweet or bitter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn. Yes, it's definitely a minimalist style. I liked that but the acoustics were off. It was quite loud. No music. The Rosa's was tasty. Neither sweet nor bitter. It was Belgian style. Not sure of the specific style.

      Delete