Sunday, April 29, 2012

This weekends activities

Friday nights tasting included Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider, Anderson Valleys Summer Solstice, Hanger 24's DIPA, Maui Bikini Blonde, Pigskin Pale Ale and Firestone Wookey Jack.  Because I'm a malt fiend, I love the Summer Solstice.  The Bikini Blonde was also quite lovely.  The others, meh.  I also picked up some Abita Strawberry Harvest, one of my favorite summer seasonals and Saison du Buff from Dogfish et al.  The Saison was okay.  Great herby nose.

Afterwards, we headed to Select Beer in Redondo Beach.  I enjoyed Moylans Kilt Lifter, a Scotch Ale.  Yum.  I also picked up some Colette from Great Divide, to go. 

Saturday night we ventured to Ocean Bar which I believe is part of Abigaile.  I tried the Orange Honey Blossom and brown sugar porter (brown sugar, chocolate wheat malt) abv 6.8 / $7
bourbon barrel strong ale
(honey, vanilla beans, charred oak) abv 10.2 / $9 (10 oz).  The strong ale I enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment